Re: BUG #4915: installation failure: Failure to set permissions on the installed files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #4915: installation failure: Failure to set permissions on the installed files
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Ahren Reed" <aareed@nps.edu> writes:
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> installed files

> I am using the Crossbow install package called "MoteViewSetup_1.2.B.exe"
> that came on my Crossbow System Support CD.  MoteView installs  PostgreSQL
> 8.0.

We desupported 8.0.x on Windows quite a long time ago.  The oldest PG
release that is considered sufficiently un-buggy on Windows to be
supportable is 8.2.x, and even there x had better be in the double
digits.  If Crossbow is really still shipping 8.0.0-rc1 and expecting
people to rely on it, that borders on criminal negligence.  Holler at
them to ship something non-obsolete.  In the meantime, you might see
if you can install a current release off our website and get MoteView
to work with that.

            regards, tom lane