Re: CREATE DATABASE command in Extended Query mode of 3.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CREATE DATABASE command in Extended Query mode of 3.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Carlos Guzman Alvarez <carlosga@telefonica.net> writes:
> Hello:
>>> No, it should just work.  Can you give a test case?  Do you see similar
>>> problems with other utility commands, or is it only CREATE DATABASE?

> I have made a litlle test more and i have it working now, i have made
> change for send a Sync message instead of a Flush message after execute
> the command and now seems to be working as expected, is this correct or
> it needs to work with the Flush too??

You do need to use Sync rather than Flush to create transaction
boundaries and error restart points.  I suspect your problem was coming
from having only a Flush and not a Sync between the CREATE DATABASE and
the *prior* command.