Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS
Date
List pgsql-general
[snip]
> The problem was that the new psql was linking to an older version of
> libpq.so (one that doesn't export get_progname()).  As best I can tell
> that would have had to be a 7.3 libpq.so, which means there is something
> wrong here because the 7.3 libpq should have had a different minor
> number that would prevent the dynamic linker from accepting it as a
> substitute.  What platform are you using?
>
>             regards, tom lane

OS: linux RedHat 9 (with possible updates from their site)
Kernel: 2.4.20-20.9
The installed postgres version: 7.3.2 (compiled from CVS sources);
The tested postgres version: 7.4.2 (compiled from CVS sources)

HTH,
Csaba.