Re: Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Adrian, Rob!

Thank you for the comments.

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that I am using Postgresql version 9.6.
I had read somewhere that last supported version was 9.3 or something, could be 9.2 as you say.

I wanted to use phpPgAdmin, that's why I went back to 9.6 even if I had installed ver. 10 first.
But if the phpPgAdmin quotes identifiers by defaults, I will need to look for some other ways.

Strictly speaking, I don't need to use the phpPgAdmin, but I am trying to find a GUI way to upload a file quickly (the file has thousands of records.)

Now, I am using pyDev in Eclipse to insert records, but I need to use a web-based click and upload.

If I could find a php version of my python code that would be great!
My Python code:

cur = conn.cursor()

with io.open(fileName,'r',encoding='utf8') as f:
    next(f)  # Skip header row.
    cur.copy_from(f, tableName, sep='\t')

conn.commit()
cur.close()
f.close()

I have found PHP samples for line by line read and insert, but that will be too slow for me.

Cheers!