Re: Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/7/18 12:28 AM, s400t@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> Hello Adrian, Rob!
>
> Thank you for the comments.
>
> Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that I am using Postgresql version 9.6.
> I had read somewhere that last supported version was 9.3 or something,
> could be 9.2 as you say.
>
> I wanted to use phpPgAdmin, that's why I went back to 9.6 even if I had
> installed ver. 10 first.
> But if the phpPgAdmin quotes identifiers by defaults, I will need to
> look for some other ways.

I don't think the quoted identifiers are the issue. I am suspecting that
the import code may be trying to INSERT into the wrong version of the
table. Some questions:

1) Which schema did you create spec in?

2) In psql what does \d spec show?

?