Re: alter table set TABLE ACCESS METHOD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: alter table set TABLE ACCESS METHOD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2021-07-28 at 12:23 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 04:38:48PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > Okay, hearing nothing, I have looked again at 0001 and did some
> > light
> > adjustments, mainly in the tests.  I did not spot any issues in the
> > patch, so that looks good to go for me.
>
> And done as of b048326.

I just returned from vacation and I was about ready to commit this
myself, but I noticed that it doesn't seem to be calling
InvokeObjectPostAlterHook(). I was in the process of trying to be sure
of where to call it. It looks like it should be called after catalog
changes but before CommandCounterIncrement(), and it also looks like it
should be called even for no-op commands.

Also, I agree with Justin that it should fail when there are multiple
SET ACCESS METHOD subcommands consistently, regardless of whether one
is a no-op, and it should probably throw a syntax error to match SET
TABLESPACE.

Minor nit: in tab-complete.c, why does it say "<smt>"? Is that just a
typo or is there a reason it's different from everything else, which
uses "<sth>"? And what does "sth" mean anyway?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis