Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> +
>> +

> I don't quite understand why aren't we using a custom GUC variable here.

Presumably this is following the existing set_limit() precedent
in pg_trgm.  But I tend to agree that that's a crummy precedent
and we should not extend it.

Let's invent a custom GUC for the regular limit, mark show_limit()
and set_limit as deprecated, and then make just a custom GUC for
this other limit.