Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From cnliou
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments
Date
List pgsql-general
"Jason Tesser" <JTesser@nbbc.edu>

> MySQL cannot even handle sub-queries yet.

Ohh! Really?
Allow me to pay my highest respect to the genius mySQL
programmers!
I completely have no clue on how to construct any single
tiny database on a DBMS having no sub-query capability.

Being too dumb, I solicit mySQL programmers' help by showing
me employee FOO's birthday and his/her latest job title
effective on or before 2003-1-1 from the following tables:

CREATE TABLE t1 (employee TEXT,BirthDay DATE);
CREATE TABLE t2 (employee TEXT,EffectiveDate DATE,JobTitle
TEXT);

And make the result like this:

FOO  1980-1-1   programmer

Please do not give me the answer that you will merge these
two tables to form one like this:

CREATE TABLE t1 (employee TEXT,BirthDay DATE,EffectiveDate
DATE,JobTitle TEXT);

Regards,
CN