Re: question about fixes in v7.4... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: question about fixes in v7.4...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 11:17, Don Sceifers wrote:
> My company is fairly new at Postgresql, but we have hit a problem, where
> we modify a table using ALTER, and our stored procedures stop working. We
> have a grasp as to why this happens, but I was wondering if this v7.4
> upgrade fixes this issue?

At this time function bodies do not have the dependency tracking
capabilities that a majority of the system has, so it is unable to
complain when you remove or alter an object it depends on.

With SQL functions it should be feasible. For functions that build
queries on the fly this will be virtually impossible.