Interfaces that support cursors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Interfaces that support cursors
Date
List pgsql-general
I've got a Pg 7.1.3 release that I'm going to upgrade to 7.4 but in the meantime
I wanted to know if Pg.pm (or DBD:Pg) supported using cursors.  I would guess
that they they don't because from what I understand every executed query in this
interface is implicitly wrapped in a transaction (thus there is an implicit
commit that would close the cursor).

I suppose I could use the fetchrow method (since the result set is not that big)
but in general, how should/could one handle implements cursors with this
interface.  Thanks to all in advance...

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications