Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff MacDonald
Subject Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, but at least with transactions when the machine comes back up
you'll be in a consistant state. Ie: postgres will know the transaction
didn't finish, and should rollback what it was doing, when it starts up
again.

Without transactions you don't know if half of your operation completed
or all of it or etc.. pretty dangerous state to have your data in.

Or... at least this is now I understand it.

Jeff.