Re: How to delete unclosed connections? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Együd Csaba
Subject Re: How to delete unclosed connections?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Scott,

> Only for your applications.  Postgresql survives this kind of
> thing quite
> well, with no data corruption, trust me, I've tested that
> part thourougly
> lately.

OK, I trust you. To tell the truth I've never faced serious problems in
connection with killing postgres. But as far as I'm concerned I could never
exclude this possibility. If I can solve my problem in a regular way I
choose that way, but I won't hesitate killing postgres when the time
comes...
On the other hand my applications are strong enough to avoid serious
problems. The most important thing is the health of the backend. But as you
mentioned it is not a question anymore.

Thank you.

-- Csaba

> ---