Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > That was true already with log_statement and log_duration as separate
> > operations.  People use log_pid to deal with it.
> Sorry to jump in... the log_pid is NOT ENOUGH where you have more than
> 30000 connections a day (witch is my case)

log_pid isn't enough, but log_pid + log_connections certainly is.

log_connections tells you when a new connection was made, so guessing
isn't required.

> There has been discussion as to have 1 Log file/database where are we on
> that? Is it dead?

Well, this wouldn't help either unless you happen to have several not so
active databases that makes for a busy system.

Attachment