Re: book on advanced postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: book on advanced postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
John,

I usually just grab the PDF's, convert them to PS files and then add the code to
duplex and print to a tray with 3 hole paper.  :)

All in all I don't think that is too expensive but I can't really say I've had
to pay to do that recently.

Quoting John Wells <jb@sourceillustrated.com>:

> Tom,
>
> I'd love to, but I can't read at a terminal for longer than an hour or so.
>  I really prefer the dead tree version.
>
> Does anyone provide printed copies of the documentation for a fee?  I know
> some companies do this for other apps...
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
> Tom Lane said:
> > "John Wells" <jb@sourceillustrated.com> writes:
> >> Are there any books out there that are fairly current, but go into the
> >> more advanced aspects of Postgresql, such as internals and advanced
> >> programming?  I'd rather avoid the whole intro to SQL with a few extra
> >> chapters on Postgresql if I could help it.
> >
> > I'm not aware of any that are tilted towards advanced stuff.  Erm, have
> > you tried just reading the documentation :-) ?  I realize it's not
> > always easy to find what you need, but we could use suggestions about
> > how to make it better ...
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html
> >
> >             regards, tom lane

> >                http://archives.postgresql.org