Re: Why the duplicate messages to pgsql-general? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Why the duplicate messages to pgsql-general?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 08:38, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, expect wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:23:34 -0400 (EDT)
> > Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> >

> > > Uh, we do that so folks get the replies quicker.
> >
> > Uh, why not get a better mail server?  Seriously it seems that it really is
> > very slow.  Is it under powered?  The software doesn't scale well? Or is it
> > something else?
>
> I periodically check my full message headers to make sure of speed, and
> other then messages hat required moderator approval, delivery times are <5
> minutes ... what are you seeing?

For me, at least, most (98%) of emails arrive "immediately".  However,
since I'm on a cable modem, "double mails" are just a hassle; I delete
the extras.

People on dial-up, especially those who are on metered access, may
not appreciate the extra download time, though.

In Evolution, I am able to do "Actions->Reply to List"  Outlook 97
doesn't have such a feature, but I'm sure that MozMail, Pine and Mutt
do.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                            |
| "Man, I'm pretty.  Hoo Hah!"                                  |
|    Johnny Bravo                                               |