Re: 7.4 features list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: 7.4 features list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 18:25, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Apart from the already known issue of corruption on power loss (which ought
> to be soluble - presumably the commercial heavyweights don't suffer from
> this problem), I can't see any reason to have low expectations of the w32
> port.
>
> My experience, and apparently that of others, running the PeerDirect port,
> has been entirely painfree.

I don't have any long term "low expectations" of the win32 port, just
transient ones.  That is, it is a fairly radical port, more so than
moving between unix environments.  Once the win32 proves itself for a
while and we have established a history of stability and lack of data
corruption then my confidence in the win32 port will be as high as any
other database that runs on win32 (SQL Server, etc...).  To assume that
we will nail all of this on the first pass is hubris.