Re: > 16TB worth of data question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeremiah Jahn
Subject Re: > 16TB worth of data question
Date
Re: > 16TB worth of data question  (Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb@eskimo.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 10:31, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> At 08:13 AM 4/22/2003 -0500, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> >That's the question...That 2 TB of data is nothing but documents and
> >images. I'm under the perception that if that gets parked on a fibre
> >channel disk array/ SAN the data will be pretty safe, and the server
> >mostly replaceable at that time. Storage is my worry more than
> >processing power. I don't think I'm on crack here...?
>
> How about backups? Backing up 2-16TB needs a bit more planning and design.
The proposed solution here is to have the raid controller mirror accross
the street to a similar system. At what point do off line backups become
pointless?

--
Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah@cs.earlham.edu>