Re: > 16TB worth of data question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Bartlett
Subject Re: > 16TB worth of data question
Date
List pgsql-general
> > How about backups? Backing up 2-16TB needs a bit more planning and design.
> The proposed solution here is to have the raid controller mirror accross
> the street to a similar system. At what point do off line backups become
> pointless?

This does not help if someone rm -R's the whole thing.

If you don't think that's possible, it happened to Travelocity one day.
The DBA thought that a tablespace was no longer in use and rm'd it.  Ooops.
Entire database down and the tablespace had to be restored from backup.