Re: Documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 01:48, Joe Conway wrote:
> Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 19:01, Joe Conway wrote:
> >
> >>How does one produce an A4 version? I'll gladly recreate the pdf's in A4
> >>format (if I knew how without a lot of research).
> >
> > I think it is defined for your sgml installation.  I have in
> > /etc/sgml/docbook-dsssl/print/siteconfig.dsl:
> >
> > (define %paper-type% "A4") ;; set by debconf
> >

> On my RH 8 box I didn't find that file, but did find the setting in
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets/print/dbparam.dsl and changed
> it to "A4" (was "USletter"). Unfortunately that didn't seem to make any
> difference -- the pdfs built were still USletter.
>
> There is probably a more preferred method, but I then modified
> doc/src/sgml/stylesheet.dsl directly, adding
>    (define %paper-type% "A4")
> and that seemed to work. The resulting pdfs are available here:
>    http://www.joeconway.com/
>
> Let me know how they look.

They seem fine, except that the page numbers disappear if I print from
acroread without specifying "Fit to page".  That may be because they
fall into my printer's untouchable space.

     "If my people, which are called by my name, shall
      humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and
      turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from
      heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal
      their land."    II Chronicles 7:14