Re: Documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 19:01, Joe Conway wrote:
>
>>How does one produce an A4 version? I'll gladly recreate the pdf's in A4
>>format (if I knew how without a lot of research).
>
> I think it is defined for your sgml installation.  I have in
> /etc/sgml/docbook-dsssl/print/siteconfig.dsl:
>
> (define %paper-type% "A4") ;; set by debconf

On my RH 8 box I didn't find that file, but did find the setting in
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets/print/dbparam.dsl and changed
it to "A4" (was "USletter"). Unfortunately that didn't seem to make any
difference -- the pdfs built were still USletter.

There is probably a more preferred method, but I then modified
doc/src/sgml/stylesheet.dsl directly, adding
   (define %paper-type% "A4")
and that seemed to work. The resulting pdfs are available here:
   http://www.joeconway.com/

Let me know how they look.

HTH,

Joe