Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We could probably replace $(LIBS) with $(filter {the libraries you really
> want}, $(LIBS)) everywhere (see libpq Makefile).  But it might be hard to
> maintain.  Not sure.

I'm concerned about cross-library dependencies with that sort of thing.
eg, on some platforms maybe -lcurses requires -ltermcap, on others no.
The existing process for building the LIBS list gets this right, but
extracting a subset of the LIBS list isn't guaranteed to be right.

I'm all for trimming the LIBS list for particular executables if we
can do it ... but as Peter says, it might be a headache.