pg 7.3.2 assert statement fails. process terminated - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas O'Dowd
Subject pg 7.3.2 assert statement fails. process terminated
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2
20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

One of the backends died on me with the following in the logfile...

er 127.0.0.1 SELECT: regcomp.c:331: p_ere: Assertion `!(p->next <
p->end) || ((p->next < p->end) && (*p->next) == (stop))' failed.
LOG:  server process (pid 8868) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:       The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend       died
abnormallyand possibly corrupted shared memory.       I have rolled back the current transaction and am       going to
terminateyour database system connection and exit.

There is nothing before the "er 127.0.0.1" except previous older log
entries.

I'm going to try turn on some more logging to see if I can see what the
problem is. Any pointers? Known bug?

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd  - Got a keitai? Get Nooped!
tom@nooper.com - http://nooper.com