Can I write Large Objects in parallel transactions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From u15074
Subject Can I write Large Objects in parallel transactions?
Date
List pgsql-general
I want to have parallel transactions, that write large objects into different
tables. Since I'm writing into different tables, parallel writing shouldn't be
a problem (no table or row locks).
But as far as I know all large objects are stored in one systemtable.
So I suppose that this table will be locked when a large object is written.
This would mean that one of my parallel transactions has to wait while the
other one can write.
Is this as I suspect?

Thanks.