Re: Best practice: call an internal postgresql function (e.g. raw_parser) from another C/Rust binary - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Best practice: call an internal postgresql function (e.g. raw_parser) from another C/Rust binary
Date
In response to Best practice: call an internal postgresql function (e.g. raw_parser) from another C/Rust binary  (Francois-Guillaume Ribreau <postgresql@fgribreau.com>)
Responses Re: Best practice: call an internal postgresql function (e.g. raw_parser) from another C/Rust binary  (Francois-Guillaume Ribreau <postgresql@fgribreau.com>)
Re: Best practice: call an internal postgresql function (e.g. raw_parser) from another C/Rust binary  (Pól Ua Laoínecháin <linehanp@tcd.ie>)
List pgsql-novice
Francois-Guillaume Ribreau <postgresql@fgribreau.com> writes:
> I wonder what is the easiest way to extract and (ab)use the raw_parser
> function out of postgresql codebase, as a library, so I can use it from my
> own code in Rust.

You're not the first to have thought of that.  I'm failing to locate
any relevant threads in our archives, but I distinctly recall having
heard of somebody who'd made a standalone version of our lexer+grammar.
You might try searching on github.

(I make no warranties about how up-to-date any such project may be.)

            regards, tom lane