Re: possible character accent bug on pgjdbc73 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Daniel Serodio
Subject Re: possible character accent bug on pgjdbc73
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:13, Felipe Schnack wrote:
>   Nope... this is normally a combination of pagecode problems. You must
> assure you have created you database using LATIN1 charset (create db -E
> LATIN1 databasename) and that the client support it also... anyway, I
> guess is too much of an overkill to filter all strings sent to output to
> its html tags
>   You may also check you JVM charset

I stand corrected. My knowledge on the subject it a little outdated. I
went to w3.org to check things, and now my suggestion is that you
include the following line in the HEAD section of your HTML:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

...or the following line in the Headers of your HTTP response:

See if that solves the problem. Please post the results on the list, or
to me personally, as I'm interested in this information.

BTW, filtering HTML is not overkill! What would you do if it were '<'
instead of 'ó'? You'd be required to filter it!

[]'s
Daniel Serodio