Re: Publish, hold article? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Publish, hold article?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 13:05, Justin Clift wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> >
> > I am 50% done with an article on PostgreSQL GUI tools.   It'll be done
> > early next week.
>
> Cool.
>
> > So, question:  Should I put it up on TechDocs, or hold it for our first
> > newsletter?  How far off is our first newsletter likely to be?
>
> Hasn't been organised yet.
>
> Does anyone want to take charge of getting the 1st and future
> Newsletters done?

I'd like to help, but I'd need someone to help get the infrastructure in
place (assuming we'd like to have the information available on-line and
not just 1 big text email). Actually I have some notes on a possible
outline of the newsletter I can post, but there not with me at the
moment.

> Josh, would you be ok with having your article on PostgreSQL GUI tools
> be an experiment to see if it would work well as a community
> collaborative document?

Hmm... If your thinking "wiki-ize" it, I tend to think of articles as
static content.  If you wanted to make a wiki list for postgresql gui
tools that could work (perhaps turn the techdocs list into a wiki?)

Robert Treat