Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
> I think actually hpux only failed, because it has a broken Makefile.shlib.
> It is Makefile.shlib's business to know that the link line for
> a shlib needs -lc ?

Possibly -lc should go into Makefile.shlib, but that doesn't eliminate
the need for a special case in pltcl's makefile --- at least as long as
it depends on tclConfig to tell it how to link.  The problem is that
TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS comes up empty on HPUX, but you still need to put
$(TCL_LIBS) into the link command.

> As a short test you could test plpython on hpux with current cvs.
> My guess is, that it doesn't work.

Could be.  I don't have python installed here ...