Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Date
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
List pgsql-general
I think, and Vince can correct me if I'm wrong, but Vince is pointing out
the whole 'Many of the Developers' thing ... if we are (or at least appear
to be) unanimous in this, then there is nothing to discuss ... if "Many of
the developers' are uncomfortable, then obviously there are ones out there
that aren't, and that is where the whole "confrontation" I think arises

Why does this discussion get started over and over again?  Because one
person brings it up, and those in favor of GPL generally pop up
thereafter, and it just goes around ...

if we get rid of 'the Many' part, then you are saying "thi sis the way it
is, this is the way it stays, no discussion" ...