Re: Threaded Sorting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Re: Threaded Sorting
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I see.  I just always assumed that it would be done as part of table
space effort as it's such a defacto feature.

I am curious as to why no one has commented on the other rather obvious
performance enhancement which was brought up in this thread.  Allowing
for parallel sorting seems rather obvious and is a common enhancement
yet seems to of been completely dismissed as people seem to be fixated
on I/O.  Go figure.

Greg