Re: Impossible to import pg_dumpall from 7.2.2 to 7.3b1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hervé Piedvache
Subject Re: Impossible to import pg_dumpall from 7.2.2 to 7.3b1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Tom,

>> <herve@elma.fr> writes:
>> But when I try to import it inside 7.3b1 I get this :
>> (seems that the copy command is not fully compatible with the 7.2.2
>> pg_dumpall ?)
>>
>> Many thinks like this : (I have only copied some parts ...)
>> Size of the dump about 1.5 Gb ...
>>
>> Query buffer reset (cleared).
>> psql:/tmp/dump_mybase.txt:1015274: invalid command \nPour
>> Query buffer reset (cleared).
>
>It seems pretty clear that the COPY command itself failed, leaving psql
>trying to interpret the following data as SQL commands.  But you have
>not shown us either the COPY command or the error message it generated,
>so there's not a lot we can say about it...
>
>regards, tom lane

OK I have (hope) find the trouble ... may be a mistake from my part but
which was running with v7.2.2 ... (I think I have to alter my table with
default current_date ...)

I have this error message :
psql:dump.7.2.2.txt:304: ERROR:  Column "datecrea" is of type date but
default expression is of type timestamp with time zone
You will need to rewrite or cast the expression

for the field :
"datecrea" date DEFAULT now(),

So after, the importation of the data are making errors messages because the
previus table has not been created ... I'm right ?

I have also a strange error :
psql:dump.7.2.2.txt:1087: ERROR:  function plpgsql_call_handler() does not
return type language_handler
psql:dump.7.2.2.txt:1126: ERROR:  language "plpgsql" does not exist

for those lines :
--
-- TOC Entry ID 292 (OID 2083293)
--

CREATE FUNCTION "plpgsql_call_handler" () RETURNS opaque AS
'/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so', 'plpgsql_call_handler' LANGUAGE 'C';

--
-- TOC Entry ID 293 (OID 2083294)
--

CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' HANDLER "plpgsql_call_handler"
LANCOMPILER 'PL/pgSQL';

Hope this help ...

Regards,
--