Re: [HACKERS] Hashjoin status report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Hashjoin status report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I said:
> What started this go-round was Contzen's report of seeing the
> "hash table out of memory. Use -B parameter to increase buffers"
> message in what was evidently a real-life scenario.  So it can happen.
> Do you recall having seen many complaints about that error before?

A little bit of poking through the mailing list archives found four
other complaints in the past six months (scattered through the sql,
admin, and novices lists).  There might have been more that my search
query missed.

What do you think, does that reach your threshold of pain or not?