Re: [HACKERS] Hashjoin status report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Hashjoin status report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 6 May 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> I said:
> > What started this go-round was Contzen's report of seeing the
> > "hash table out of memory. Use -B parameter to increase buffers"
> > message in what was evidently a real-life scenario.  So it can happen.
> > Do you recall having seen many complaints about that error before?
>
> A little bit of poking through the mailing list archives found four
> other complaints in the past six months (scattered through the sql,
> admin, and novices lists).  There might have been more that my search
> query missed.
>
> What do you think, does that reach your threshold of pain or not?

Considering the number of instances we have out there, it sounds like a
very rare 'tweak' to the bug...I'd say keep it as an 'untested patch' for
the release, for those that wish to try it if they ahve a problem, and
include it for v6.6 and v6.5.1 ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org