Re: DB-local usernames - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: DB-local usernames
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 08:43, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have given this some thought.  Peter's objection was that he objects
> to any change that "makes any characters in the user name magic".
>
> I don't think my patch does that.  If you don't enable the feature,
> everything works just the same.  If you turn it on, it unconditionally
> prefixes the username with the database name and a period.  You can
> still have periods in the username.  The code doesn't check for any
> periods in the username passed to the backend.

what about :

[hannu@taru hannu]$ createdb this.is.legal.database.name
CREATE DATABASE
[hannu@taru hannu]$ psql this.is.legal.database.name
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

this.is.legal.database.name=#

Hannu