Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Peter, any problems with pid wrap-around?  I am thinking we need to
> prepend a "wrap count" on the front of the pid output for 7.5.

Why?  And how would you know when the PIDs have wrapped anyway?

The OS already guarantees that no two concurrently running procs have
the same PID.  That seems sufficient to me.  It's conceivable that a PID
could be recycled quickly enough that it wasn't obvious from the logs
that this was a new backend process and not the same old one, but do you
care?  (And if you did care, wouldn't you be monitoring log_connections,
which would tip you off?)

I think this is a red herring.

            regards, tom lane