Re: Bad Build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Re: Bad Build
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I get this from initdb:

[gcope@mouse pgsql]$ initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"gcope".

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/src/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/src/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/src/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/src/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/src/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/src/pgsql/data/base/1...
/usr/bin/initdb: line 473:  1234 Broken pipe             cat
"$POSTGRES_BKI"
      1235                       | sed -e
"s/POSTGRES/$POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME/g" -e "s/ENCODING/$MULTIBYTEID/g"
      1236 Segmentation fault      | "$PGPATH"/postgres -boot -x1
$PGSQL_OPT $BACKEND_TALK_ARG template1

initdb failed.