Re: permissions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tony
Subject Re: permissions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 15:06, Doug McNaught wrote:

> So you're saying that part of your web app works fine and talks to the
> database, and part of it doesn't?  What are the differences between
> the parts?

The administration pages are protected by a login page. Each page has a
Macromedia "restrict user" script which checks to se if the user is
logged in.

> The error you're getting indicates that the DB connection URL used by
> that part of the web app is wrong.  I doubt it's a file permissions
> error at all.

The connection details are in Connection/name.jsp and this is included
in the page on the fly. e.g.

<%@ include file="Connections/frac.jsp" %>
<%
Driver Driverdocumentation =
(Driver)Class.forName(MM_frac_DRIVER).newInstance();
Connection Conndocumentation =
DriverManager.getConnection(MM_frac_STRING,MM_frac_USERNAME,MM_frac_PASSWORD);

I can see your point about the connection URL but it is only in one
place for the whole app. Not being able to connect at all seems logical
in this case...

It seems that the login part is not working i.e. the request to the
password table is failing. tony, postgres and tomcat4 are all database
users, tony owns the database.

Really stumped on this one

Cheers

Tony