Re: Visual Designer in linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GreyGeek
Subject Re: Visual Designer in linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
Eric wrote:

> Is there a visual designer (open source) in linux for database?  I would
> like to developpASCIIata model on the computer...
>
> I see "dia" with uml library but... it won't export to SQL.

If you like Qt can use Qt-Designer (assuming you have the PostgreSQL odbc
driver installed) or you can use KDevelop and merge Qt gui's with it.

I prefer Python and Boa_Constructor (which requires wxPython) and a unixODBC
DNS to PostgreSQL.  Boa creates ASCII source files which version control
nicely. It has a great runtime debugger with stops, watches, var
displays,etc.

If you use Java then JDeveloper with an ODBC line to PostgreSQL works OK,
but Python is 5-10X faster.
--
GreyGeek