PostgreSQL 13 Release Timeline - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject PostgreSQL 13 Release Timeline
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

First, on behalf of the PostgreSQL 13 RMT, thank you everyone for your
hard work not only building all of the features that are going into
PostgreSQL 13, but for the diligence and work in stabilizing the
release. We have now reached the point of the release cycle where we can
start making decisions about GA (general availability).

Based on the current state and progress of the open items[1], the RMT
with consultation from the release team has decided to forgo a Beta 4
release. Instead, we propose the following schedule:

* PostgreSQL 13 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) will be released on September
17, 2020.

* In absence of any critical issues, PostgreSQL 13 will become generally
available on September 24, 2020.

The aim is to have all outstanding open items committed before RC1.
Please ensure everything is committed by September 16, 2020 AoE. We will
send out a reminder prior to that date.

We're very excited that we are in the final phase of the PostgreSQL 13
launch. Thank you again for making this possible.

Sincerely,

Alvaro, Peter, Jonathan

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_13_Open_Items

Attachment