Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/21/19 12:05 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Seems jacana might not have like this change?
>> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=jacana&dt=2019-01-21%2019%3A01%3A28
> Hmm.  So mingw doesn't provide access to _configthreadlocale().
> That's unfortunate, at least if we think that mingw is still a viable
> production platform, because it means we can't make ecpg thread-safe
> on that platform.
>
> Is there a newer version of mingw that does have this functionality?
> I'm not sure whether to install a version check or just assume that
> it's never there.

Apparently this can be done with thee 64bit version:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33647271/how-to-use-configthreadlocale-in-mingw

JD

>             regards, tom lane

PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn and Network: https://postgresconf.org
***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***