Re: Wrong cost estimation for foreign tables join withuse_remote_estimate disabled - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Wrong cost estimation for foreign tables join withuse_remote_estimate disabled
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/06/22 18:15, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> I'd vote for #2.  One idea for that is to introduce CREATE FOREIGN INDEX
> to have information on remote indexes on the local side, which I proposed
> before.  I have been putting it on hold since then, though.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'd like to say that CREATE FOREIGN INDEX
would be nice, as that would also let us lift certain restrictions on
partitioned table indexes [1].

Thanks,
Amit

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=4eaa5372754