Re: [BUG] false positive in bt_index_check in case of short 4B varlena datum - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: [BUG] false positive in bt_index_check in case of short 4B varlena datum
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Andrey,

23.01.2024 21:09, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:
> PFA draft fixes for both this errors. Alexander, Michael, Jian, what do you think?
>
> I did not touch anything in first step - fix for original bug in this thread. However, I think that comments from
JianHe worth incorporating into the fix.

I''m confused by a NOTICE added, as it printed now even for cases, which
worked before, for example:
CREATE TABLE t(f1 text);
CREATE INDEX idx ON t(f1);
INSERT INTO t VALUES(repeat('1234567890', 1000));
SELECT bt_index_check('idx', true);
NOTICE:  Index contain tuples that cannot fit into index page, if toasted with current toast policy
  bt_index_check

(1 row)

Best regards,
Alexander