Re: [HACKERS] logical replication access control patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication access control patches
Date
Re: logical replication access control patches  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
New patch set based on the discussions.  I have dropped the PUBLICATION
privilege patch.  The patches are also reordered a bit in approximate
decreasing priority order.

0001 Refine rules for altering publication owner

kind of a bug fix

0002 Change logical replication pg_hba.conf use

This was touched upon in the discussion at
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAB7nPqRf8eOv15SPQJbC1npJoDWTNPMTNp6AvMN-XWwB53h2Cg%40mail.gmail.com>
and seems to have been viewed favorably there.

0003 Add USAGE privilege for publications

a way to control who can subscribe to a publication

0004 Add subscription apply worker privilege checks

This is a prerequisite for the next one (or one like it).

0005 Add CREATE SUBSCRIPTION privilege on databases

Need a way to determine which user can create subscriptions.  The
presented approach made sense to me, but maybe there are other ideas.