Backend is closed on a query execution - why? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Serg King
Subject Backend is closed on a query execution - why?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi everybody!
 Is this a bug?:
 When I'm executing this (see below) query I have unexpected backend
closing. When I will remove last line with
                "AND user_database.status_id = 'A'" -
 - it's working OK.
 But there are not a lot of conditions!
 Do anybody know about this problem? If it was discussed before - can you
tell me  where I need to look for the answer? I'm working with PostgreSQL
two months only and I like it - nice perfomance, cool ideas (temporary and
inheritanced tables,...), and I don't want to replace it.
 Thank you!
 Serg
 [RedHat 6.1 and PostgreSQL 7.0.2]
 SELECT contact.contact_id, contact.name_last,
 contact.name_first,contact.name_middle,
 customer.customer_name, user_info.logname, server.server_name,
 server_database.db_desc,
 cd_acc_status.code_desc as status
 FROM contact, cust_contact, customer, user_info, cust_database,
 user_database, cd_acc_status, server, server_database
 WHERE contact.contact_id = cust_contact.contact_id
 AND cust_contact.customer_id = customer.customer_id
 AND contact.contact_id = user_info.contact_id
 AND customer.customer_id = cust_database.customer_id
 AND user_info.user_id = user_database.user_id
 AND cust_database.db_id = user_database.db_id
 AND user_database.status_id = cd_acc_status.code_id
 AND user_database.server_id = server.server_id
 AND user_database.status_id <> 'D'
 AND user_database.db_id = server_database.db_id
 AND user_database.status_id = 'A'
 ORDER BY 5,2,3,4,7,8
 (I used aliases but removed it designedly)