Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 1 May 2023, at 23:23, Tobias Bussmann <t.bussmann@gmx.net> wrote:

> The safe solution for the back branches would be to add '{".DS_Store", false}' to the exclude_list_item arrays in
backend/backup/basebackup.c,bin/pg_checksums/pg_checksums.c and bin/pg_rewind/filemap.c, but I can't judge whether this
wouldjustify using a different codepath for the older versions or not.

If we deem this to be a bugfix then we should backpatch the solution from HEAD
imho.  So far there are mainly voices for considering it a bugfix, but given
where we are in the cycle I the RMT has the final say on that.

--
Daniel Gustafsson