Re: Issue with logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kacey Holston
Subject Re: Issue with logical replication
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> On Aug 9, 2021, at 9:21 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 12:25 AM Kacey Holston
> <kacey.holston@pgexperts.com> wrote:
>>
>> My apologies.
>>
>> The data was missing on PG13 from the initial copy.
>>

> Okay, so all the steps after you say "We then reversed the direction
> of replication by running this on the PostgreSQL 13 server:" in your
> email are not required to see the problem, right?

The reversed direction is only included for fullness of steps. The data is missing before that happens, we just did not
discoverthe missing data the first time until after the we reversed direction.

When made the second attempt we confirmed the data was missing after the initial sync completed.

So, the steps can be ignored after the CREATE SUBSCRIPTION command.

> Can you please tell whether the data you see missing is the new data
> generated on the publisher when the copy is in progress or it was the
> original data of the table?

It was the original data of the table that is missing.

> Please tell me the situation when you have
> used Create Subscription command *not* when you were using manually
> created slot. Also, do you have any subscriber/publisher side logs
> during that time which you can share?

I do have the logs from the second attempt but do not feel comfortable publicly exposing them.