Re: Help with Segmentation Fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Bye (WFF)
Subject Re: Help with Segmentation Fault
Date
List pgsql-general
I did build postgres myself using the simple installation instructions
provided on the website

configure
gmake
gmake install

I'm a linux newbie so most of the stuff you mention, I don't know how to do.
I believe that psql is dumping because postmaster still runs after the
segmentation fault.  Same goes for createdb.  After I sent this note, I
downloaded 7.2.4 and did the same install as I did for 7.3.2 and everything
worked fine.  How do I do a stack trace?

Patrick Bye
Programmer / Analyst
Westfair Foods Ltd.
pbye@westfair.ca