Re: How to get higher tps - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Marty Jia
Subject Re: How to get higher tps
Date
List pgsql-performance
Ron

Here is our hardware

Dual Intel Xeon 2.8GHz
6GB RAM
Linux 2.4 kernel
RedHat Enterprise Linux AS 3
200GB for PGDATA on 3Par, ext3
50GB for WAL on 3Par, ext3

RAID 10, using 3Par virtual volume technology across ~200 physical FC
disks.  4 virtual disks for PGDATA, striped with LVM into one volume, 2
virtual disks for WAL, also striped.  SAN attached with Qlogic SAN
surfer multipathing to load balance each LUN on two 2GBs paths.  HBAs
are Qlogic 2340's.  16GB host cache on 3Par.

shared_buffers = 80000
max_fsm_pages = 350000
max_connections = 1000
work_mem = 65536