RE: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject RE: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
> BTW, I found another spot in descriptor.c where ecpglib is using
> setlocale() for the same purpose.  Perhaps that one's not reachable
> in threaded apps, but I didn't see any obvious reason to think so,
> so I changed it too.

Ouch, thanks.  And I'm sorry to annoy you by pointing out a trivial thing: in v3 patch, _configthreadlocale() is not
calledto restore the original value when setlocale() or ecpg_strdup() fails.  I hope this is fixed in v4.

+ #ifdef WIN32
+     stmt->oldthreadlocale = _configthreadlocale(_ENABLE_PER_THREAD_LOCALE);
+     if (stmt->oldthreadlocale == -1)
+     {
+         ecpg_do_epilogue(stmt);
+         return false;
+     }
+ #endif
      stmt->oldlocale = ecpg_strdup(setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, NULL), lineno);
      if (stmt->oldlocale == NULL)
      {

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa