RE: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject RE: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows
Date
Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows  (Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
From: Haribabu Kommi [mailto:kommi.haribabu@gmail.com]
> I reviewed patch and it works as per the subject, but I am not able to verify
> the actual
> bug that is reported in the upthread. The moving of setErrorMode() call
> to the start
> of the main function can handle all the cases that can lead to a crash with
> no popup.

Thank you for reviewing the patch.  Yeah, I don't know reproduce the problem too, because some bug of Symantec
AntiVirusrandomly caused the crash before main()...

> The reset of setErrorMode(0) before start of any process can generate the
> coredump
> because of any issue before it reaches the main() function, but this change
> can lead
> to stop the postmaster restart process, if no one present to observe the
> scenario?
> Doesn't this change can generate backward compatibility problems to
> particular users?

Sorry, I couldn't get it.  Could you elaborate on it?  I couldn't understand how this change has an adverse effect on
thepostmaster restart process (restart_after_crash = on) and backward compatibility.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa