Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 06:09:57AM +0000, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> From: Haribabu Kommi [mailto:kommi.haribabu@gmail.com]
>> I reviewed patch and it works as per the subject, but I am not able to verify
>> the actual
>> bug that is reported in the upthread. The moving of setErrorMode() call
>> to the start
>> of the main function can handle all the cases that can lead to a crash with
>> no popup.
>
> Thank you for reviewing the patch.  Yeah, I don't know reproduce the
> problem too, because some bug of Symantec AntiVirus randomly caused
> the crash before main()...

A suggestion that I have here would be to patch manually the postmaster
with any kind of code which would make it to crash before main() is
called.  Anything is fine as long as a core dump is produced, right?
--
Michael

Attachment